Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thanks Twila Jean.....

My birthday is at the start of the year.Twila Jean was sweet enough to send me a gift certificate to ModCloth for my birthday.It took a few weeks to decide what I wanted and when they were having a cabin fever sale I jumped at the chance to use my birthday present.For those of you that don't know I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan where the winters are VERY long and harsh.So here it is the end of April and yesterday FINALLY showed some spring weather with even warmer weather today.Sure,there is still a few feet of snow on the ground but it'll  be gone soon.I'm excited I can finally wear one of the dresses I got with my gift certificate from her and here it is!

 modcloth,leopard dress,rockabilly,art deco dame

Her gift certificate also covered some of the purse too which I was happy about.Originally the purse was $115.99 and its cute but whoa its not THAT cute!If you have that kinda cash to blow on a purse more power to you but I don't.On clearance for $34.99 was something I could do though and happily did.At first I was going to take the strap off but its amazing going shopping with the use of both hands!I'm so use to vintage handbags that I've certainly neglected the wonderful world of strap purses!

 orange leopard dress

Here is a close up of my cat eyes.I am thankful everyday that I found a pair in my reading prescription!

cateye,cat eye glasses,vintage eyewear,art deco dame,rockabilly

And for my fellow crazy cat ladies you know you're going "OMG kitty pillow!" so here is a close up of that bad boy.One of my favorite Indiana flea market finds from years ago.
 cat pillow,orange chair,leopard dress


Besides FINALLY getting to wear dresses again I am beyond thrilled that I can wear my cute shoes again.A girl can only take snow boots and rain boots for so long before it gets depressing and we had 6 months of snow this winter!I thrifted these when I was still in California a few years ago.
 vintage shoes,ballet flats,retro,feet

So thank you again Twila Jean for the birthday gift,it was so sweet of you to think of me!I hope you all have a great remains of the weekend.I'm off to make red velvet cupcakes with the girl child.


6 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and the eyes, great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that purse is EVER so cute. But I agree on the price. (I ALWAYS try and get stuff like purses on sale or clearance prices if I am buying brand new.) So far it's worked well for me so why quit now.
    I love your dress and you look gorgeous in those cat eye glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic choices - that purse, oh my stars, it really is marvelous! I agree that the original asking price was mighty steep (cute as it is), and am so glad you were able to score it at a deeply discounted price.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you chose - gotta love a bargain! And your glasses are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely darling. I love your retro hair and makeup. And those glasses are freakin' cute! I adore that fun dress, and your bag is charming. I'm following you now!

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete